Celebrate Eurovision With These Saucy Swedish Meatball Subs
Check out the Tasty One-Stop Shop for cookbooks, aprons, hats, and more at TastyShop.com: http://bit.ly/2mEBY0e
Here is what you'll need!
Swedish Meatball Subs
200 grams beef mince
200 grams pork mince
1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
1 onion, finely diced
50 grams breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
20 milliliters water
1 beef stock cube
200 milliliters double cream
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 soft French sticks
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
Cranberry or lingonberry jam
1. Thoroughly mix all the meatball ingredients, and shape them into golf ball-sized balls.
2. Over low to medium heat, fry all sides of the meatballs, until the meatballs are cooked through and the outsides are golden brown. It will take around 12-15 minutes.
3. If you are making a large quantity for a party, make the meatballs in advance and reheat them in an oven for 10-15 minutes at 175°C. (When reheating, ensure the meatballs are piping hot throughout before serving.)
4. To make the cream sauce, dissolve a beef stock cube in 20 milliliters of water. Then add in cream, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Toss the meatballs in the sauce while it reduces to a thick and creamy sauce.
6. Serve the meatballs in soft French sticks with sliced cucumber and lingonberry or cranberry jam.
Check us out on Facebook! - facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Licensed via Audio Network