How to talk about Relationships in English? – Improve English speaking | Free English lessons
Talking about Relationships in English – Phrases & Vocabulary to practice English speaking | Free English lessons
Hey! subscribers you’ve just clicked the right video. Welcome to this English learning video to learn English phrases and vocabulary to talk about relationships. This spoken English lesson by Rima will take you through some interesting English phrases that you could use in your spoken English to talk about different situations in a relationship.
Let’s Talk English speaking youtube channel is dedicated to people who wish to speak English fluently and confidently. We produce English learning topics across different domains such as English Grammar, Vocabulary, Phrases & Expressions, English conversation, Public speaking, IELTS, TOEFL etc. This channel is focused on improving your English speaking skills with our regular free spoken English lessons to learn and speak English like native speakers. So subscribe and click the bell icon to receive notifications for all our new English lessons as we upload them.
The following phrases will be useful for you when talking about relationships in English:
1) to have a thing for - meaning to like someone or have a soft corner for someone
Ex: Jane has always had a thing for her childhood friend Ashley
2)to have a crush on - to be romantically interested in someone or to be attracted to someone.
Ex- Jane has a secret crush on Charlie since high school.
3)To get serious - to formalise one' s relationship or think along the lines of marrying someone.
Ex- John has gotten really serious Myra and plans to marry her soon.
4) to pop the question - to propose for marriage
Ex- Sarah was very excited when her long-time boyfriend popped the question to her on the occasion of her birthday.
5) to cheat on - to have a romantic partner outside of your relationship or marriage
Mandy blew up her marriage by cheating on her husband with an older man.
6) to have an affair - to have a romantic relationship which is possibly physical -
Radha had a steamy affair with her boss Charles.
7) to dump someone - to end a relationship where ending it is your choice and your decision and your partner's Opinion doesn't matter.
Kahuna dumped her alcoholic boyfriend for a nice, stable businessman
8) to be soulmates - two people in a romantic relationship who you love each other deeply, are compatible and feel strongly connected to each other.
Binny and Raul have been soulmates ever since they met each other.