How to overcome shyness and increase confidence - Skillopedia - Personality Development
Like us on Facebook -
Visit our Website-
Follow us on Instagram
Many people struggle with shyness and find it hard to overcome it . It can take some effort but it's not impossible to open up and be confident . In this Skillopedia video you will learn some amazing tips and tricks to overcome shyness.
1) Accept yourself : You are who you are . The first step is acceptance . The universe wanted you to be this way . So stop resisting , accept yourself .What most people don‰’t understand is that it is impossible to be 100% perfect according to society. Everyone has insecurities; Continuously doubting yourself or thinking that you are’t capable of doing something is absolutely ridiculous.Be proud of who you are and show people you are confident.confidence is the first step to overcome shyness.
2) Find your front row : Imagine you are performing on stage and ask yourself who would you like as the front row audience. The answer will most likely be people who love and support you unconditionally and are always there for you . Identify these supportive people and work on becoming more open with them . Push yourself out of your comfort zone with these people because they are your safe zone . Over time you will gain confidence and be able to open to outsiders as well . Good friends and loving family can help you overcome shyness .
3) Stop the comparison game :When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everybody will respect you.so stop constantly comparing yourself to others to the point where you are too insecure to act like yourself. So block out the noise and do the things you love, keep yourself happy , and above all respect yourself unconditionally . Truly Happy people are confident people .
4)Get out of your shell : as a shy person , I'm sure living in your shell feels very safe and comfortable but you have to get yourself out of your shell slowly and steadily .Start meeting more people , try and make new friends .Start attending public gatherings and parties that you would otherwise skip because you want to avoid people . Over time you will form a habit of talking more , socializing more and that will help you . Sticking to where your comfortable means you‰’ll never change and never overcome your shyness.
5)Perfect your posture : Your posture speaks a lot about how you feel about yourself , about how confident you are .If you slouch or show timid body language no one will take you seriously . And this can work the other way around also . If you perfect your posture ... Stand tall , straighten your spine , give good eye contact then you will not only appear confident but over time start feeling confident too .
6) Don't give up : It's not easy to change yourself for the better . You may face rejection or some discomfort or unfriendliness while trying to overcome shyness.it is OK , don't lose hope and most importantly don't give up . Keep trying and keep making effort you will get there.You can never get every single person to like you . People come with different personalities , different opinions . Just because you face rejection from a few people don't stop your efforts to overcome your shy nature .
7) Make a list : Yes that's right , make a list of things you will do to overcome shyness and stick to it . Do everything on that list and you will start feeling more confident .Start with a task that makes you feel the least nervous and slowly work up to the task that makes you feel most nervous . Do them at your own pace but make sure to push those boundaries. This activity will not only build your self-confidence but snap you out of that I can’t do it’s stage because you can!